Here you can find information on various kinds of DAAD funding for students, graduates and postdocs as well as on funding offered by other selected organisations.
Alexander von Humboldt-Foundation: Georg Forster Research Fellowship for postdocs
The fellowship enables early-career post-doctoral researchers who completed their doctorate less than four years ago to realise a long-term research project (six to 24 months) of their own design in cooperation with an academic host they have chosen at a research institution in Germany. The research must deal with issues of major relevance to the future development of the applicant's home country or region of origin.
The fellows receive a monthly allowance of EUR 2,650 over a period of 6 to 24 months as well as additional benefits.
- travel allowance
- language grant
- allowance for accompanying family members
- standard allowance for single parents with children accompanying them
- option to additionally extend the research grant, if the fellow is accompanied by children under the age of 12
- subsidy towards research costs to be paid to the hosts
- Europe allowance
- extensive alumni sponsorship